CASA hosting country cookout
On Saturday, July 27, Cass County CASA (Court-Appointed Special Advocates) hosts its seventh annual auction, CASA Country Cookout.
Last year more than 200 individuals, business owners and community leaders
supported CASA 2012 at Big Rock Valley outside Cassopolis.
Support enables CASA to continuously recruit and train new volunteer advocates and to provide on-going training and education for all volunteers.
The goal of this year’s auction at the Edward Lowe Foundation’s Big Rock Valley is to significantly increase the number of CASA advocates to give abused and neglected children in foster care a powerful voice.
This year CASA is auctioning off fun! Live auction items donated by area
individuals and businesses include:
• Two-night stay at a three-bedroom cottage in Saugatuck plus dinner at a local café.
• Roaring ’20 s party for 30 at the new Holden Green Tavern in Cassopolis. Dress as a flapper or gangster for a fun night of food, “bathtub gin” and entertainment.
• New Orleans. Four days in the Big Easy in a two-bedroom, two-bath condo in the Garden District. Dinner at Commander’s Palace and other favorites.
• Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island for two, two nights, full breakfast and five-course dinners.
• Two season tickets to the entire 2014 South Bend Civic Theatre. At least 14 performances plus dinners at several downtown restaurants.
• Dinner parties at the Round Barn Winery, Birch Lake, Robbins Lake and a Mexican Fiesta at the rectory hosted by Padre Joe McCormick.
• A Chicago get-away weekend at the Talbot Hotel plus passes for fun and food.
• A hot air balloon ride over beautiful lakes of southwest Michigan.
• Raffles for Notre Dame and Michigan State University football tickets.
The festivities begin at 5 p.m. with music during the social hour and a cash bar, followed by a buffet dinner and the live auction.
Tickets cost $50 per person ($60 after July 5) and can be purchased from CASA board members or at the CASA office in Cassopolis.
Tables of 8 are also available. An optional “Friends of CASA Reception” hosted
by Judge Susan L. Dobrich begins at 4:30. Tickets for the reception cost $75 and include the cookout. Checks, credit cards and cash accepted.
Cass County CASA is a not-for-profit agency of trained volunteers from the
community who are appointed by the judge to advocate for abused and neglected
children in Cass County. All contributions are tax- deductible. For more information
on tickets for this event, contact Erica Boulanger or Jim Ward at (269) 445-4431 or email@example.com. Visit the website at www.casscocasa.org.