Broncos look to snap streak against Kent StatePublished 9:48pm Thursday, September 26, 2013
KALAMAZOO — The Western Michigan Football team will try to break into the win column Saturday evening.
The Broncos (0-4) will host Kent State (1-3) at Waldo Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:04 p.m. The game can be seen live on ESPN3.
Western Michigan leads the overall series 33-19-1, but dropped a 41-24 decision to Kent State last year.
WMU football notes of interest
• Western Michigan opens its 67th season of Mid-American Conference football
• WMU is 29-36-1 in MAC openers all-time
• WMU is hosting its MAC opener for the 33rd time in program history (16-15-1)
• WMU and Kent State have faced one another in a MAC opener six times in program history with WMU holding a 4-2 advantage
• WMU leads the all-time series against Kent State, 33-19-1, including a 17-9 advantage at Waldo Stadium
• WMU has not lost to Kent State at Waldo Stadium since Oct. 15, 1988
• WMU is 3-2 against Kent State over the last five meetings with the Golden Flashes earning a 41-24 victory on Oct. 20, 2012
• Two former WMU assistant coaches return to Waldo Stadium as members of the Kent State coaching staff — Brian Rock was with the Broncos from 1992-2005 and Amp Campbell was on staff from 2010-12
• Western Michigan is the only school from a non-automatic qualifying BCS conference to play a team from the Big Ten three times this season (Michigan State, Northwestern, Iowa); the closest is Northern Illinois, which played two (Iowa, Purdue)
• Western Michigan has not allowed a sack over the past two games and only one over the past three
• Andrew Haldeman remains perfect on the season, going 3-for-3 in field goals, which extends his streak to seven field goals made in a row dating back to Nov. 10, 2012 at Buffalo
• WMU has forced at least one fumble in every game in 2013 with Rontavious Atkins and Mikhail Dubose leading the way with two forced fumbles apiece
• Corey Davis was added the Biletnikoff Award Watch List and fans can vote for him daily at www. biletnikoffaward.com/fan-vote