Kitchen demos featured at Senior PGAPublished 10:00am Saturday, May 19, 2012
The folks at Kitch-enAid, presenting sponsor of the Senior PGA Championship at The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, are bringing a unique combination to the event: cooking and golf.
KitchenAid will engage golf and culinary fans in the KitchenAid Fairway Club, the KitchenAid Gallery on 16 and the KitchenAid Gallery on 10 at Harbor Shores during Champ-ionship Week, which begins Tuesday.
Located adjacent to the No. 1 tee, the KitchenAid Fairway Club will give championship attendees the opportunity to see live cooking demonstrations from celebrity and local chefs, touch and feel KitchenAid products, have pictures taken with the Alfred S. Bourne Championship Trophy and compete in a daily closest-to-the-pin competition on a golf simulator of Harbor Shores Hole No. 7 to benefit Cook for the Cure, KitchenAid’s partnership with Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
KitchenAid Fairway Club schedule:
• 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday: Ming Tsai, of “Simply Ming” on PBS television
• 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday: Matt Pietsch, owner and executive chef of Salt of the Earth in Fennville
• 1 to 2 p.m. May 25: Pat Neely, co-host of “Down Home With the Neelys” on the Food Network)
• 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. May 25 — Ryan Thornburg, executive chef at Bistro on the Boulevard in St. Joseph
• 1 to 2 p.m. May 26 Buddy Valastro of “Cake Boss” and “Kitchen Boss” on TLC
• 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. May 26: Tim Foley, owner and baker at Bit of Swiss in Stevensville