Berrien RESA announces award winners
BERRIEN SPRINGS, Mich. — During the 12th Annual Excellence in Education Awards Banquet, the Berrien Regional Education Service Agency’s (Berrien RESA) Special Education Parent Advisory Committee named Amy Stier their 2016 award winner. Stier is an Occupational Therapist at Berrien RESA. She was nominated by fellow RESA employee Cathy Levy.
Also recognized for their contributions to the special education community were:
Lakeshore Public Schools
• Kristin Coffin, Paraprofessional at Roosevelt Elementary School
New Buffalo Area Schools
• Barbara Coffman, Secretary at New Buffalo Middle School
Niles Community Schools
• Bill Small, Instructional Assistant for an early childhood special education classroom at Northside Child Development Center
• Dawn Sparks, Special Education Teacher at Northside Child Development Center
Berrien RESA-Administrative Center
• Amy Stier, Occupational Therapist
Berrien RESA – Blossomland Learning Center
• Jamie Peloquin, Special Education Teacher
• Cindy Williamson, Paraprofessional
Berrien RESA – Lighthouse Education Center
• Larry Shane, Paraprofessional
• Robert Thompson, Paraprofessional
Individuals were nominated from across school districts in Berrien County for their contributions to the education and success of students with impairments.
The Special Education Parents Advisory Committee (PAC) is comprised of two representatives from each school district in Berrien County. The committee works with Berrien RESA to discuss special education issues and creates an additional link between the Berrien RESA’s services and the local school districts.