Firefighters respond to dryer fire in Niles Twp.
Published 9:27 am Friday, January 8, 2016
Firefighters from Niles Township and the City of Niles responded to a structure fire at 1510 Country Club Dr. in Niles Township at approximately 3:20 p.m. Thursday.
Chief Gary Brovold, of the Niles Township Fire Department, said the fire originated from a clothes dryer and that the blaze was contained to that area.
No one was injured, but a cat was missing as of Thursday afternoon. Brovold said the family told him they were alerted to the fire because smoke detectors went off.
The home belongs to James Westgate.