Niles YMCA offers new gymnastics program
Published 9:05 am Monday, December 21, 2015
The Niles-Buchanan YMCA recently announced that its gymnastic program will take on a new fundamental focus this session.
The classes are designed for children ready to learn the fundamentals of gymnastics in a progressive program.
As a child progresses through a series of gymnastic skills and creative movement in a friendly, exciting environment, they will gain safety knowledge and confidence while building balance and core strength.
The continuous learning environment targets age-appropriate strength development and enhances each child’s current skill to progress in their gymnastic knowledge, experience and personal development.
The following classes will be offered beginning the week of Jan. 4:
• Parent/Toddler (ages 18 months to 3 years) — Tuesdays, 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.
• Fun & Flexibility (ages 3 to 4 years) — Thursdays, 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.
• Confidence in Motion (ages 4 to 5 years) — Thursdays, 6 to 6:45 p.m.
• Junior Gymnast (ages 6 to 8 ) — Tuesdays, 6 to 7 p.m.
• Agile Acrobats (ages 9 to 12) — Private or semi-private lessons only
Registration is now open.
The Winter 1 session is seven weeks long, from Jan. 4 to Feb. 20.
Please contact Member Services at (269) 683-1552 or visit the Niles-Buchanan for more information.