Niles District Library schedule: Nov. 9-14, 2015
Published 12:17 pm Monday, November 9, 2015
The Niles District Library will offer the following free events and activities. A library card is not needed to participate in any program.
For more information, call (269) 683-8545 ext. 116, email email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, visit facebook/nileslibrary, or browse www.nileslibrary.net.
Monday, Nov. 9
• 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. — Intro to Computing Class (registration required)
Tuesday, Nov. 10
• 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. — Coloring for Adults
Adult coloring has become the latest craze as busy adults seek ways to relax and unwind. Materials will be out in the rotunda every Tuesday for people to work alone or with a group of friends.
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Hiring event: Pilkington (Specialized Staffing)
• 3 to 6 p.m. — Community Cafe: Excalibur Bakery
The library is offering the community a chance to access local NECI bakeries and entrepreneurs after the French Market closes, especially for the holidays. Pop in and pick up a Thanksgiving pie order, or just a spontaneous yummy treat.
• 4 to 8 p.m. — Chess tournament
Free Chess Tournament for 1000 USCF or below, Game 40.
• 6:30 p.m. — Pajama storytime
This evening Storytime is for the entire family. Stories with a fall theme will be read and there will be music and a craft. Feel free to wear pajamas.
• 6:30 p.m. — Fiction for Foodies
The Tastiest book club ever created.
Wednesday, Nov. 11
• Multiple times — Storytime day: Learn about kangaroos during Australian animals month
Squealers (birth-18 months) at 9:30 a.m., Squigglers (18 months-3 years) at 10 and 11 a.m., Storytime (3-5 years) at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
• Noon to 4 p.m. — Michigan Blood drive
Eastside Connections School will be hosting a Michigan Blood Drive at the library. Appointments are preferred and can be made at miblood.org or by calling 1-866-MIBlood. Donate for a chance to win a $100 Meijer Gift Card.
Thursday, Nov. 12
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Salvation Army hiring event
The Salvation Army is looking for employees for the new family store opening in Niles. Positions available are managers, keyholders, clerks, and productions Associates. Twenty total positions are available and there will be same-day hiring. Inquiry emails can be sent to email@example.com.
• 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. — Storytime
• 1 to 5 p.m. — Mahjong
Volunteers are available to teach newbies how to play. Other board games are also available.
• 6 to 7:30 p.m. — Teen Activity Council
Friday, Nov. 13
• 10 a.m. to noon — Special edition: Wii Bowling
Special Edition is a weekly series of programs designed to be particularly accessible and engaging for adults and children with special needs. Anyone is welcome.
• 1 to 3 p.m. — Twisted Stitches
Bring yarn or sewing project and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. All skill levels welcome.
• 5 to 6 p.m. — Tween Book Club
Designed for kids ages 8 to 12, the book club meets once a month to talk about a great book. This month’s book is “Nightmares” by Jason Segal.
Saturday, Nov. 14
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. —Bricks for Kidz Open House
Build a favorite Lego and Minecraft model. A raffle drawing will be held for those who attend. It is for ages 5 and up.
• 1 to 5 p.m. — Game day for adults
• 1 p.m. — Jr. Garden Club
For children ages 6-12, Jr. Garden Club meets the second Saturday of every month. Initial registration is required, so call (269) 683-8545 ext. 106 to sign up. This month’s topic is sweet potatoes.