Local garden club looking for new members
Published 9:15 am Wednesday, April 29, 2015
The Four Flags Garden Club is looking for a few good men and women to join their club.
Open to novice and veteran gardeners alike, the club is for anyone that wants to work with friends to help beautify the Niles community.
The club offers an opportunity to anyone who wishes to learn about all phases of home gardening, better horticultural practices, civic beauty and conservation of natural resources.
Monthly meetings are held at 6:45 p.m. on the third Tuesday of the month.
Below is a list of things the garden club does:
• Maintain the gardens at the historic Niles Amtrak Depot.
• Maintain the Yellow Ribbon display near the Niles Veterans’ Memorial in Riverfront Park in Niles.
• Maintain the John Gipner Grave Site Garden in Silverbrook Cemetery (jointly with the Friends of Silverbrook Cemetery).
• Hold an annual plant sale in May to raise funds for club activities.
• Host annual Hometown Christmas Celebration at the Depot.
For more Information, call Elaine Metzger at (269)-683-5292