CASA’s auction is coming July 25
Published 9:05 am Wednesday, July 22, 2009
CASSOPOLIS – On Saturday, July 25, Cass County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for children) hosts its third annual auction, CASAblanca.
The event was so successful last year that it moved it to the larger Mathews Conference Center on the Dowagiac campus of Southwestern Michigan College.
CASAblanca will feature a silent and live auction again this year.
Many wonderful items have been donated by individuals and local businesses including:
• Chicago get-a-way – two nights at a luxury hotel, city passes, gift card to Lettuce Entertain You restaurants and Cubs tickets.
• Notre Dame experience – four N.D./Washington tickets plus parking pass, pre-game sideline passes and locker room tour.
• Carriage House restaurant culinary tour for eight.
• Progressive dinner on Diamond Lake with transportation between courses by pontoon boat.
• A week at a Marriott time share.
There are many more sporting events, products, restaurants and services and truly something for every interest and budget.
The festivities at SMC will run from 6 to 9 p.m. with dinner and a cash bar. Doors open at 5:30. Live entertainment will again be provided by the Dillon Brothers.
Dinner will be served from eight “tasting stations” hosted by your favorite area restaurants. Tickets cost $30 per person and can be purchased by CASA board members or at the CASA office.
Cass County CASA is a not-for-profit agency of trained volunteers from the community who are appointed by the judge to advocate for abused and neglected children.
You can help these children by attending the auction, thereby making a donation to the CASA program. All contributions are tax deductible.
For more information on tickets for this event, contact Erica Boulanger, administrative assistant, or Jim Ward, director, at (269) 445-4431 or email@example.com.