Fire causes hour delay

Published 3:06 am Tuesday, March 28, 2006

By Staff
NILES - Niles Fire Chief Larry Lamb said welding sparks are believed to be the cause of a fire Monday morning at National Store Fixtures, 901 Howard St., Niles.
Lamb said the sparks caused a wall to catch on fire at around 9 a.m.
Flames were easily contained by the fire department and caused limited damage, Lamb said.
The employees of the facility quickly evacuated and were back to work within an hour, Lamb said.
Firefighters from Clay and Niles Township, along with Niles City Police and Southwest Michigan Community Ambulance Service also responded to the scene.