Diamond Cove launches 40 Days of Purpose
Published 6:53 pm Thursday, September 29, 2005
CASSOPOLIS - When Diamond Cove Missionary Church in Cassopolis launches its "40 Days of Purpose Campaign" Sunday, Oct. 9, it will join a worldwide network of thousands of churches.
Inspired by remarkable stories of spiritual renewal and growth, an estimated 13,000 churches from 60 denominations have experienced the purpose-driven phenomena inspired by a California pastor's best selling book.
At the center of the campaign is the fast selling hard cover nonfiction book in history. The Purpose Driven Life has sold more than 16 million copies since the book's release in 2002.
The book's author, Rick Warren, is senior pastor of one of America's largest churches, Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif. Following its 40 Days of Purpose Campaign two years ago, Saddleback Church baptized 671 new believers, added almost 1,200 new members and increased average attendance by 2,000.
Two years ago the first 1,500 churches to hold a 40 Days of Purpose Campaign reported their worship attendance increased an average of 22 percent. During the 40 Days of Purpose Campaign at Diamond Cove Missionary Church, the truths about God's five purposes for people - worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry and evangelism - will be communicated repeatedly in six ways.
1. An all-church kick-off gathering on Sunday, Oct. 9 at 10 a.m. (The building is located across from Ross Beatty High School.)
2. A weekly message by the pastor.
3. A personal or family daily devotional reading.
4. A weekly Scripture memory verse that everyone memorizes.
5. A weekly small group in an area home. (For info on this just call (269) 228-3996.