Ellie Starr wins ‘Precious Baby’ from 28Published 10:28pm Wednesday, August 7, 2013
CASSOPOLIS — Cass County Right to Life sponsored its annual Precious Baby Contest at the 162nd Cass County Fair.
The contest ran from July 29-Aug. 3, with 28 baby pictures submitted.
Visitors to the fair voted for the most precious baby by making a cash donation to Cass County Right to Life, an affiliate of Michigan Right to Life.
Each penny donated counted as one vote.
Thanks to all in the community who generously gave $1,354.12.
Much appreciation goes to the following area businesses which contributed prizes: McDonald’s of Cassopolis, Harding’s Friendly Market of Cassopolis, Dussel’s Farm Market and Greenhouses Inc. of Cassopolis, Smokin’ Good BBQ of Cassopolis, Michigan Pizza Hut, Proctor Auto Repair of Edwardsburg, LaPlace for Latte of Edwardsburg, George’s Café of Cassopolis, Mr. Wahoo’s of Dowagiac, Subway of Cassopolis, Saylor’s Front Street Pizzeria of Dowagiac and The Twirl of Cassopolis.
The top 16 winners were:
• Ellie Starr of Niles, parents Frank and Barbie Starr, first, $100
• Channing Tucker of Cassopolis, parents Steven Tucker and Stephanie Cooper, second, $75
• Micah Krager of Vandalia, parents Josh and Jera Krager, third, $50
• Caleb Smith of Cassopolis, parents Calton Smith and Samantha Stephenson, fourth, $35 gift card from Harding’s Friendly Market of Cassopolis
• Myra Deubner of Decatur, parents Zach and Jessica Deubner, fifth, $25 gift card from Harding’s Friendly Market of Cassopolis
• Parks Fedore of Vicksburg, parents Ryan and Amy Fedore, sixth, $25 gift card from Dussel’s Farm Market and Greenhouse of Cassopolis
• Abigail Crandall of Dowagiac, parent Chelsea Cole, seventh, $25 gift certificate from Smokin’ Good BBQ of Cassopolis
• Isaac Wold of Cassopolis, parents Landon and Elizabeth Wold, eighth, two large two-topping pizzas valued at $21.20 from Pizza Hut of Michigan
• Liam Richey of Marcellus, parents Logan and Shelby Richey, ninth, a $20 Walmart gift card from Proctor Auto Repair of Edwardsburg
• Henry Soltau of Cassopolis, parents Matthew and Becca Soltau, 10th, a $20 gift card from LaPlace for Latte of Edwardsburg
• Sophia Strome of Edwardsburg, parents Michael Strome and Ashley Wilds, 11th, a $15 gift certificate from George’s Café of Cassopolis
• Samuel Brown of Rochester, parents Brent and Jenny Brown, 12th, a $15 gift certificate from George’s Café of Cassopolis
• Erionna Dussel of Cassopolis, parents Derrick and Ashley Dussel, 13th, and Lexus Warner of Elkhart, Ind., parents Milton Warner and Ashley Abrams, $10 gift certificate from Mr. Wahoo’s of Dowagiac and one BIG1 50 percent off at The Twirl of Cassopolis
• Ashton Mitchell of Cassopolis, parent Shanee Mitchell, 15th, three six-inch sandwiches from Subway of Cassopolis and one BIG1 50 percent off at The Twirl of Cassopolis
• Lily Goodwin of Bristol, Ind., parents Paul and Diana Goodwin, 16th, one large one-topping pizza from Saylor’s Pizzeria of Dowagiac and two BIG1 50 percent off at The Twirl of Cassopolis.
All baby entries received one free hamburger Happy Meal card from McDonald’s of Cassopolis.
Cass County Right to Life uses proceeds from the contest to further its educational outreach to the community.
It also supports the Michigan Right to Life Educational Fund for its media goals which raise funds for television ads and its 1-800-57WOMAN number.
Support is also given to the Pregnancy Care Center of Niles and its state organization, Right to Life of Michigan.
Cass County Right to Life is a non-partisan, non-sectarian, non-profit organization of diverse and caring people united to protect the precious gift of human life from fertilization to natural death.