Sheriff recognizes 20 years of servicePublished 10:35am Monday, May 6, 2013
CASSOPOLIS — A dozen members of the Cass County Sheriff’s Office qualified for 20-year service pins presented Thursday night by Sheriff Joseph M. Underwood Jr. at the Board of Commissioners meeting.
• Jill Hershberger, records clerk, hired Feb. 22, 1989; husband, Kevin; children, Andrew and Arminda.
• Mary Fogg, corrections officer, hired April 11, 1990; significant other, Richard Affriseo; children, Eric and Abigail.
• Wolfgang Gless, corrections officer, hired May 16, 1990; promoted to sergeant in May 2001; wife, Connie; children, Tina and Trent.
• Don Giddings, corrections officer, hired Sept. 1, 1991.
• Ron Butts, animal control enforcement officer, hired Jan. 3, 1991; wife, Karen; children, Nicholas and Sydney.
• Mark Fitzsimons, hired Jan. 1, 1992, in corrections, transferred to dispatch in 1998; wife, Carol; children, Brandon, Kristen, Austin.
• Kandy Huston, hired June 1, 1992, dispatcher (came from Dowagiac Police Department); husband, Mike; children, Steven and Kaycee.
• Donna Dominiak, administrative assistant, hired Jan. 3, 1993; husband, Dennis; children, Dawn and Austin.
• Kevin Garrelts, corrections officer, hired Jan. 28, 1993; promoted to sergeant, January 2000; wife, Cecilia; children, Austin and Zachary.
• Kerry Bathe, deputy sheriff, hired July 14, 1993; wife, Patty; children, James and Christopher.
• Richard Hiscock, hired Sept. 15, 1993; transferred from dispatch to the road in 1998; wife, Kim; children, Nichole and Michael.
• Jeffrey Smith, deputy sheriff, hired Feb. 15, 1989; promoted to sergeant; wife, Ann; children, Amber and Madeline.