Changing election year on Niles Council agendaPublished 11:49am Monday, April 22, 2013
Niles City Council
at Niles City Council Chambers
• Request to approve American Legion to conduct Memorial Day Parade from 10-11:30 a.m. May 27.
• Request to approve Great Niles Little League Baseball’s annual opening day parade at 9:30 a.m. May 4.
• Consider scheduling public hearing May 13 at 5:55 p.m. regarding changing regular odd-year election for local offices to even years.
• Request to approve quote of $4,000 from Koontz Wagner, South Bend, Ind., to perform relay testing and calibration at the Broadway and Eastside substations.
• Request to accept proposal for $5,490.54 from Energy Products of Sterling Heights for purchase of golf cart batteries for use at Plym Park Golf Course.
• Request to accept proposal of 56 cents per gallon or approximately $5,600 from Great Lakes Chloride, of Shelbyville, for application of approximately 10,000 gallons of liquid calcium chloride on over 5 miles of unpaved streets.
• Request to accept bid of $11,500 from HFS Tractors of Niles for purchase of mower for use at Plym Park Golf Course.
• Request to accept combined quote of $29,479.26 for purchase of water meters, radio transmitters and one mobile meter reading unit from various companies.
• Request to accept quote of $152,675 from HD Supply of Mattoon, Ill., for purchase of 3,100 Itron electric meters.
• Consider approving contract with MDOT that outlines the cost distribution for completion of an Airport Layout Plan for Jerry Tyler Memorial Airport as $96,300 as the federal share, $5,350 as state’s share and $5,350 as city’s share of costs.
• Consider approving Interstate Mutual Aid Agreement between Clay Fire Territory and Niles Fire to share resources and aid as part of the Mutual Aid Box Alarm System in Michiana.
• Consider approving recent revisions to the 2006 Airport Improvement Program Grant.
Tags: Niles City Council