Cass County awarded $9,354Published 5:01pm Tuesday, April 2, 2013
CASSOPOLIS — Cass County has been awarded $9,354 through the State Set-Aside (SSA) process under Phase 30 of the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP).
This process allows for additional flexibility in selecting jurisdictions for funding that previously qualified for the program, but no longer meet the established formula.
A local board made up of representatives from local human service organizations as well as county government will determine how funds awarded to Cass County will be distributed.
Under terms of the grant from the national board, local organizations chosen to receive funds must:
• Be private, voluntary non-profits or units of government.
• Have a checking account.
• Have an accounting system.
• Have a federal ID (FEIN).
• Have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS).
• Providing services and using its other resources in the area.
• Able to obtain information from the EFSP website.
Qualifying organizations are encouraged to apply.
Public or private voluntary organizations interested in applying for (SSA) Emergency Food and Shelter Program funds must contact Maj. William Walters, local chair, at (269) 684-2660.
The deadline for application is April 10 by noon.