Lakeland Auxiliary to host linen salePublished 10:08pm Tuesday, July 17, 2012
ST. JOSEPH — The Lakeland HealthCare Auxiliary will sponsor a linen sale fundraising event from Aug. 6-15 at multiple Lakeland locations. The events will benefit the group’s Scholarship Fund.
The linen sale will feature 800- and 900-thread-count sheets for $35 and $40 per set, blankets for $39.95 and Sherpa for $59.95. Linens will be available in all sizes from twin to California King in 12 colors. Some sheet sets will fit extra-thick mattresses.
The event will be held at the following locations:
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 6 in the lobby at Lakeland at Meadowbrook, 2550 Meadowbrook Rd., Benton Harbor
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 7 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 8 in the lobby of Lakeland Regional Medical Center, St. Joseph, 1234 Napier Ave.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 9 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 10 in the atrium of the Center for Outpatient Services, St.Joseph, 3900 Hollywood Rd.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 13. and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 14 in the lobby of Lakeland Community Hospital, Niles, 31 N. St. Joseph Ave.
• 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Garden Room at Lakeland Specialty Hospital, Berrien Center, 6418 Deans Hill Rd.
The Lakeland HealthCare Auxiliary, through the Lakeland Health Foundations, awards $16,000 in scholarships to students each year. Lakeland Specialty Hospital, Berrien Center, offers a $2,000 scholarship; Lakeland Community Hospital, Niles, offers two $2,000 scholarships and one $3,000 scholarship; and Lakeland Regional Medical Center, St. Joseph, offers two $2,000 scholarships and one $3,000 scholarship.
Applicants must be current, active Lakeland HealthCare volunteers pursuing a health care career.
with a minimum of six months of service and 75 hours of volunteer time with a 3.0 GPA. Students may apply annually for up to four years provided the above criteria are met. Deadline for receiving completed application is March 31.
For more information about the fundraising event or the Scholarship Fund, contact Suzanne Howard, volunteer supervisor at (269) 983-8102.
Tags: lakeland auxiliary