Women’s Expo releases schedulePublished 10:58pm Tuesday, June 19, 2012
The schedule for the Niles’ first annual Women’s Expo, “A Day on Main Street,” from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 30, has been released.
Sponsored by Niles Styles and other local businesses, the free expo will feature “center stage” style show “Orange You Glad You’re Here!” Models will be wearing the color of the season with fashions from Niles Styles Ladies Boutique. Outfits will be accessorized by Bella’s Gifts and Memories and Niles Styles. There will be some surprises during the show by other local businesses.
The expo will be host to many area service groups, agencies and vendors that will provide information and services for women. Main Street merchants and restaurants will be open and providing special deals for the day. All attractions will be held amid intermittent dance demonstrations and music performed by Eve and Linsey Kelly.
“A Day on Main Street” was developed and organized by Christine Hoffman, owner of Niles Styles, in an effort to create and foster an awareness of what Niles and surrounding communities have to offer women. Participating sponsors are Bella’s Gifts & Memories, Colorful Stitches, Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve, It Works The Ultimate Body Applicator, Lakeland Healthcare, Michiana Recycling, The Nuggett Downtown Grill, Olfactory Hue Bistro, The Paris Soda Shoppe, Lake Michigan College, Bertrand Crossing and YMCA of Niles-Buchanan.
Visit facebook.com/nilesstyles for more information.
Women’s Expo schedule
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Main Street closed to traffic
• 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. — Jazzercise with Beverly Manuel, of Jazzercise Niles
• 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Feature presentation: “Orange You Glad You’re Here!” style show
• 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. — Live music by Eve and Linsey Kelly
• 1:45 to 2:30 p.m. — Culinary demonstration by Chef Daysha Amster, of Olfactory Hue Bistro
• 2:30 to 3 p.m. — Zumba dance demonstration with Lacey Peters, of Lace Dance Studio
• 2 to 4 p.m. — Live music by Eve and Linsey Kelly
Tags: Women's Expo