Stuff to do with your sweetie this weekendPublished 10:52am Friday, February 12, 2010
Looking for something to do with that special someone this Valentine’s Day weekend? There are plenty of local events and specials to make the day special.
• Fernwood Nature Preserve and Botanical Garden will host a Valentine’s Dinner, prepared by Chef Tim Carrigan, from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday. Dinner includes choice of entrees, dessert station and a romantic setting at the Fernwood Cafe. Each couple receives a rose. Price is $85 per couple. Call Fernwood at 695-6491.
• The Presbyterian Church of Edwardsburg is hosting a Valentine Date Night Saturday at 6 p.m. All are welcome. Bring your spouse, significant other or come by yourself. The $5 admission includes appetizer, main entree and dessert. The proceeds benefit the “Little Church in the Heart of Town.” For tickets, call the church at (269) 663-6815.
• A Valentine’s dinner dance will take place at the Niles Elks Lodge on Saturday starting at 5:30 p.m. Meal options include lobster tail, filet with herb butter, stuffed portobello mushroom and stuffed chicken breast. Live music and dancing to start at 8 p.m.
• The How Sweet it is Chocolate Extravaganza and silent auction will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Niles Adventist School, 110 North Fairview Ave. Tickets are $5 in advance or $7 at the door. Child care will be provided. Proceeds benefit technology updates for the school. Call 683-5444 for more information or visit www.nilesadventistschool.org.
• Veni’s Sweet Shop has made dessert apples and chocolate dipped strawberries for Valentine’s Day. Customers can also purchase candy-grams to be delivered anywhere in the Niles area.