Niles church offers free Family Fun Fair and Gospel Blues Festival
Community Evangelical Free Church is hosting a Family Fun Fair and Gospel Blues Festival beginning at noon Saturday. The church is located at 120 E. Bertrand Road, Niles.
The event is free and open to the public.
It will feature games, activities, prizes, bounce houses, an inflatable obstacle course, dunk tank, cotton candy, popcorn and hot dogs.
There will also be live music from six Christian gospel/blues bands.
Music starts at noon under the big top tent.
Bands will play in this order:
• Dave’s Mighty Harp, a local band
• Joyous Witness, a local band and choir
• Blue Heaven, a five-piece Christian blues band from Kalamazoo
• Deliverance and Mt. Calvary Baptist Church Choir, a local group
• The Jondo Trio, a Christian blues group, from Kendallville, Ind.
• The Joe Lewis Band, from Columbia, Mo.
This is the church’s second annual outreach event. The church added the gospel blues festival to the lineup this year.
“It should be a very upbeat and festive atmosphere,” said Deacon Marve Day. “We want to share our joy of being a child of God.”