Due to unexpected closure, Niles Salvation Army extends Christmas application deadline
Published 8:25 am Wednesday, November 14, 2018
NILES — The Niles Salvation Army was forced to close unexpectedly this week, due to furnace issues.
Based on this event, the Niles Salvation Army is extending their acceptance of Christmas Assistance applications.
The applications will be accepted from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Friday, Nov. 16 at the Niles District Library.
The program is open to all residents of Niles, Berrien Springs, Buchanan, Galien and all of Cass County. The assistance will provide families with children with food and toys for the holidays. Families without children can get food donations.
Those applying are asked to bring the following information with them for their application:
• Current valid ID for the head of house
• Social security cards, medical cards or birth certificates for every person in the residence,
• Proof of monthly income/expense for the previous month, for example, rent and utilities
• Income — show the Niles Salvation Army who receives income and how much, check book, pay stubs, bank statements, government award letters, child support, etc.
• Lease or mortgage agreement