Niles high school top 10 countdown
NILES — With high school graduation on the horizon for area schools, the top students of their graduating class were announced earlier. To showcase these students and their hard work and talent, they completed a questionnaire and offered some advice to incoming freshman. The Top 10 questionnaires are starting with Niles High School students and running in no particular order.
City of residency: Niles
1. How does it feel to be listed as one of Niles Top 10?
Being listed as one of Niles Top 10 is an honor. I am proud of the academic achievements of this senior class and thankful for the teachers that have invested in our education.
2. How do you feel you earned the title?
I committed myself to accept every challenge in my education. I earned it through hard work and determination.
3. What college, trade school or future endeavor do you plan on pursuing after you graduate? If you will attend a college or trade school what do you plan on studying and why?
I plan to attend Southwestern Michigan College to pursue a degree in nursing and later attend Indiana University of South Bend to obtain my bachelor’s and master’s in nursing.
4. What’s your advice to next year’s freshmen?
My advice to next year’s freshmen is to work hard, never give up, and always do the extra credit.
5. What was your favorite part of your high school career?
My favorite part about my high school career was taking a medical assistant class. It was a great opportunity for me to experience healthcare first-hand.
6. Outside of school what are some other accomplishments you are proud of achieving?
Another accomplishment I am proud of achieving is being on the varsity soccer team all four years of high school.