Organizations offer support for flood victims
As Niles residents continue to be impacted by flooded streets and damp homes and businesses, several area organizations are offering support.
This list will continue to be updated throughout the day. Organizations wishing to be added to the list should contact our newsroom at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (269) 687-7700.
- Free diapers, baby food and other baby supplies for those affected by the flood at Pregnancy Care Center, 527 E. Main St., Niles.
- Flood kits are available at The Salvation Army, 424 N. 15th St., Niles.
- The American Red Cross is available to assist with emergency housing. The Red Cross can be contacted at either (269) 985-3574 or 800-936-3705. These phone numbers are answered 24 hours per day.
- A Red Cross Shelter site is open at Wesley United Methodist Church, 302 Cedar St., Niles.
- The Niles-Buchanan YMCA, 905 N. Front St., is open for residents who need a place to shower or basic toiletries. Toiletries were donated by Eleventh Harvest Café. Those interested in donating may drop donations at the restaurant’s donation box at 2726 S. 11th St., Niles.