Cassopolis Board of Education hires new custodial firm
The Cassopolis Board of Education unanimously voted to accept the low bid from Grand Rapids Building Services for custodial cleaning services at a special meeting May 2 at Squires Education Center.
At a special meeting on March 2, the board voted to terminate the contract with D.M. Burr for custodial services due to dissatisfaction with their service.
The new contract with GRBS is for two years with a base bid of $262,844. The contract would be for the 2016-17 and 2017-18 school years.
The board also voted unanimously to approve the following bond change orders:
• Removal of the storefront by the kitchen and repair work of the ceiling grid
• Replace the two sets of gym doors in the cafeteria
• Update exit signs in the locker room areas
• Modify exit from the middle locker room
• Repair tile in all locker rooms
• Build storage areas for the new carts with protective mats for the gym floor
The amount of these orders should not exceed $77,519.
Debora Stermer was hired as the Sam Adams assistant principal.
Community Matters Scholarship winner Zach Plummer (left) is presented a check by Niles Banking Center Manager Sabrina Mancuso. (Submitted photo)... read more