Lakeland hosts educational events for National Healthcare Decisions Day
Published 11:43 am Monday, April 11, 2016
ST. JOSEPH — In observance of National Healthcare Decisions Day, Lakeland Health invites community members to meet one-on-one with a qualified professional to learn more about advanced care planning and help ensure they have a plan in place if they were to become seriously ill. National Healthcare Decisions Day was created to encourage patients to express their wishes when it comes to their care, and for providers and facilities to respect those wishes.
“We encourage all community members to take a proactive approach when it comes to advanced care planning – it is never too early to make your health care wishes known,” said Melinda Graham, president and CEO, Hospice at Home, a Lakeland Health Affiliate.
During the event, qualified staff will be available to provide education, answer questions and assist community members in creating an advance directive. The event will take place on Friday, April 15 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the locations listed below:
• Hospice at Home, St. Joseph — 4025 Health Park Lane, St. Joseph
• Marie Yeager Cancer Center — 3900 Hollywood Road, St. Joseph
• Family Physicians of St. Joseph — 2500 Niles Road, St. Joseph
• Lakeside Healthcare Specialists — 3950 Hollywood Road, Suite 270, St. Joseph
• Hanson Hospice Center — 4382 Cleveland Ave., Stevensville
• Hospice at Home, Buchanan — 4017 Chamberlain Road
• Hospice at Home, South Haven — 05055 Blue Star Highway
• Southwestern Medical Clinic, Bridgman — 9625 Red Arrow Highway
• Stagg Medical Clinic — 525 South Center St., Hartford
For more information, contact Stephanie Kostizen, MSW, at (269) 429-7100