Pest and crop management meeting offered in Dowagiac next week
Michigan State University specialists and educators will present new information about pest and crop management at an upcoming educational meeting that will be held at the Dowagiac Conservation Club in Dowagiac on Thursday, Feb. 4.
The title of the program is “Pest and Crop Management Update for Field Crop Producers and Agronomists” and it will run from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The program has been approved for five pesticide applicator credits and five certified crop advisor credits and will cover the following topics:
• Commodity group updates
• Insecticide seed treatment effects on crop yields, farm income and the environment
• Summary of the 2015 SMaRT (Soybean Management and Research Technology) on-farm research trials
• Wheat, soybean and corn disease management update
• This year’s MSU weed control guide update and recommendations for managing challenging weeds
• Summary of MSU nutrient and crop management research in corn, soybeans and wheat
Michigan State University Extension, the Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee, the Corn Marketing Program of Michigan and the Michigan Wheat Program are co-sponsoring the meeting. The registration fee for the program is $25 per person, which includes lunch, and a complimentary copy of the 2016 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops.
Pre-registration is requested and can be accomplished two ways: online or by phone. To register online, go to http://events.anr.msu.edu/IPMcropsmgmt2016/. To register by phone, please call the Van Buren County MSU Extension office at (269) 657-8213. Space may be limited so be please register early and at least two days before the date of the meeting.