Route revised for Vietnam War commemorative motorcycle ride
Published 9:25 am Wednesday, June 17, 2015
A new route has been released for the 90-mile Lest We Forget Vietnam Veterans commemorative motorcycle ride, which is scheduled to take place Friday, June 19 beginning at Southwest Michigan Regional Airport, located at 1123 Territorial Rd., Benton Harbor.
Registration is at 10 a.m. and the ride leaves at 12:30 p.m. Staging will occur on John Chaddock Drive.
The route is as follows:
• Leaving from John Chaddock Drive
• Traveling south on Urbandale, turn right onto Business 94 then left onto M-139.
• Continue traveling on M-139 into Berrien Springs turning right on Redbud Trail.
• Left on Shawnee road.
• Left onto Ferry/M-139 traveling South to Niles.
• Turn right on Ferry Street flowing into the Riverfront Park area, circling around to Sycamore facing Front Street.
• 20 minute rest stop
• Leave Riverfront Park area from Sycamore turning right onto Front Street
• Turn left onto Main Street, then right onto 3rd Street.
• Continue on 3rd Street until reaching US-12, turn right onto US-12 to Four Winds Casino New Buffalo.
• Turn left onto Hoder Road, then right onto Maudlin Road.
• Travel Maudlin and turn left onto Casino drive and filter into Casino parking lot.
• 30 Minute Rest Stop and Presentation to Native American Vietnam Veterans
• Leave Four Winds Casino turning right out of parking lot to main entrance and turn right onto Wilson Road.
• Turn right onto Red Arrow Hwy continue on Red Arrow Hwy through Bridgman, Stevensville and into St. Joseph.
• Turn right onto Ship Street and travel across the bridge into Benton Harbor.
• Travel Main Street/Business 94 to Urbandale and back to the Airport.