Fishing tournament draws large field
Published 12:04 pm Thursday, April 30, 2015
Three hundred fish weighing a combined 800-pounds were caught at the Mill Pond Show and Go Spearing Tournament at James Heddon Park April 18.
Alex Zeigler, Nathan Fox and Nick Willavize brought home first place honors with 140-pounds of fish.
Second place with 119-pounds of fish were Mike O’Konski, Robbie Hycht and Mark Bundy. Third place went to Zak Brawley, Mason Stephenson and Brent McGowan with 98-pounds of fish.
With 84-pounds of fish, Tracy Fry, Chad Perin and Steve Juroff finished fourth, while Corey Barnett and Jake Pauwels finished fifth with 62-pounds of fish.
Brawley, Stephenson and McGowen brought in the biggest fish of the day with an 8.7-pound carp. The smallest fish honors went to Konnor Smith, Adam Maxey and Jason Laymon with an immeasurable weight gar.
Zeigler, Fox and Willavize also won the bow only prize.
Each team received a door prize.
“We had a great turnout thanks to Mark Barrett, who helped set up the event and fathered up sponsor gifts,” O’Konski said.
Other participants included:
• Ryan Laylin, Dave Nevins
• Aaron Goodrich, Dan Mitchell
• Tyler Booth, Jake Brown, James Maddox
• Corey Parsons, Gilbert Polanco
• Jordan Bennett, Ben Merritt, Andy Dutton
• Christian Bryant, Austin Price, Jacob Davis
• Phil Clapp, Kayla Battenn, Brett Jaques
• Derek Gleason, Brandon Piper
• Kevin Modlin, Jason Flick
• Justin Reinke, Dominick Tirotta