Mystery dinner, ‘chili crawl’ set
Published 11:05 pm Wednesday, January 5, 2011
The tentative Hunter Ice Festival schedule was released Tuesday by Niles Main Street Director Lisa Croteau.
The action kicks off Monday with the first shipment of ice arriving and ice carvers beginning on sponsor sculptures.
The official first day of the festival is Friday, Jan. 14, when Ice Sculptures Ltd. arrives, along with Food Network’s crew that will film the group throughout the festival for the new reality show, “Ice Brigade.”
Following is a complete list of the happenings:
• Monday, Jan. 10: The first shipment of Ice will arrive at Riverfront Cafe and Buddy Rasmussen from San Antonio, Texas will arrive to start working with Andrew Thistlethwaite and his team on the sponsor blocks.
• Tuesday, Jan. 11: Reverend Butter arrives to start working with Andrew & Buddy.
• Wednesday. Jan. 12 through Thursday, Jan. 13: Sponsor Blocks will be sculpted on the Patio of Riverfront Cafe.
• Friday, Jan. 14: The “Ice Brigade”/Food Network production team will arrive to setup and film the building of the ice carousel. Sponsor blocks will be placed throughout downtown.
— Four Flags Players Murder Mystery Dinner, 7p.m. at the Bell Building. Tickets required with only 120 seats available. Tickets are $30 each.
— Ice carousel arrives at Riverfront Park.
• Saturday, Jan. 15: Niles Project Graduation Pancake Breakfast at 215 East Main St.
— Frigid 5k Run. For more info, call Cycle & Fitness, 684-2000.
— Master Carvers 5-Block Sculpting Competition at corners throughout downtown.
— Ice fights at Riverfront Park Amphitheater at 7 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 16: Cook-off Chili Crawl throughout downtown; tickets required.
Throughout the festival:
— YMCA sponsored warming center w/Kids Activities at 127 East Main St.
— Family friendly foods building at 215 East Main St.
— Chillin’ Ice Bar on the Patio at Riverfront Cafe, 219 North Front St.
— Ice carving/harvesting exhibit at Niles Library. For more info, visit the Niles Library at 517 East Main St.
— Annual photo contest
For more information on the festival, visit www.huntericefestival.org.