Buchanan District Library Schedule
Published 4:36 pm Sunday, December 5, 2010
The Buchanan District Library has released its upcoming schedule of events:
• Grief healing sessions: Monday, a representative from Lory’s Place, a grief-healing and education center located in St. Joseph, will host an adult session for parents helping their children through loss. The session begins at 5:30 p.m. at the library.
• Preschool through third grade children: Enter to win a Christmas plush toy and book each time you come to the library. Drawing will be Dec. 22, at 4 p.m.
• Family Craft Day: Wednesday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Teen Screens: Thursday at 4 p.m. the library will be showing “A Christmas Story,” a tribute to the original, traditional, 100 percent, red-blooded, two-fisted, all-American Christmas. Come and enjoy free snacks.
• Paca the Reader Dog: Paca the Reader Dog returns to the library Friday from 4 to 5 p.m. to listen to young readers. Paca is a trained service dog, loves being around children and is a very good listener. Look for sign up information at the checkout desk.
• Two special preschool storytimes with Mrs. Claus: All the way from the North Pole, Mrs. Claus will celebrate the spirit of Christmas reading some classic holiday stories. This event will take place at the library on Wednesday, Dec. 15 at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
• Adult craft: We will be decorating a small silk Christmas tree with beads and ribbons. This tree is just the right size to brighten up a table or desktop for the holidays. This activity will be held in the Local History Room on Thursday, Dec. 16 from 1 to 2 p.m. Registration is required; maximum class size is 15 persons. Sign-up at the circulation desk.
• Make it, take it crafts: “Mitten Magnets & Winter Notepads,” Tuesday, Dec. 21 from noon to 3 p.m. Make holiday crafts to keep for yourself or to give away as gifts. For children in kindergarten through fifth grade.
The Buchanan District Library is located at 128 East Front St. Buchanan. Its phone number is 695-3681 and its website is buchananlibrary.org.