Niles Salvation Army accepting applications for assistance program
Published 3:06 am Wednesday, October 20, 2010
The Salvation Army Christmas Assistance Program of Niles is accepting applications during the following dates:
• Today, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 8 and Friday, Nov. 12 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 15 through Friday, Nov. 19 from 4 to 7 p.m.
Verification of the following is needed for the process:
• Current picture ID and current address for the head of the household
• Social Security cards for all household members
• Proof of income or lack thereof in the form of a letter from a case worker
• Copies of household monthly bills or proof of payment
• Proof of any other monthly expenses
• Two gift suggestions for children ages 16 and younger; also clothing and shoe sizes
The Salvation Army is located at 424 North 15th St., Niles. Its phone number is 684-2660.