Games set to resume FridayPublished 7:29am Thursday, January 9, 2014
The temperatures are creeping back up the thermometer and the roadways are being cleared just in time for high school sports to resume.
All of Tuesday and Wednesday’s games were wiped out by the heavy snows and dangerously low temperatures that blanked southwest Michigan.
Many schools have already started rescheduling those contests.
Dowagiac and Niles will make up their boys basketball tripleheader Jan. 18. The freshman game will begin at noon with the JV contest set for 1:30 and the varsity game for 3 p.m.
The Vikings have made a schedule change for Saturday’s doubleheader at Mishawaka.
The JV team will play at 2 p.m. with the varsity game scheduled for approximately 3:30 p.m.
The Chieftains have rescheduled their girls basketball game with visiting Cassopolis Monday with the JV game starting at 5:45 and the varsity game at 7:15 p.m.
The Chieftains’ wrestling Wolverine Conference wrestling quad at Otsego has been rescheduled for Jan. 20, while Wednesday night’s league competitive cheer jamboree at Vicksburg has been reset for Tuesday.
Brandywine, Cassopolis and Edwardsburg have yet to announce if their basketball games and wrestling matches will be made up.
If the students head back to school today, Cassopolis will host Bridgman in girls basketball.
Friday night has a full slate of games:
• Niles girls basketball at Kalamazoo Central, 5:45 p.m.
• Three Rivers at Dowagiac girls basketball, 6 p.m.
• Edwardsburg girls basketball at Berrien Springs, 6 p.m.
• Three Rivers at Dowagiac boys basketball, 7:15 p.m.
• Niles boys basketball at Kalamazoo Central, 7:15 p.m.
• Edwardsburg boys basketball at Berrien Springs, 7:15 p.m.
• Brandywine girls basketball at Buchanan, 7:30 p.m.
• Brandywine boys basketball at Eau Claire, 7:30 p.m.
• Cassopolis boys basketball at Bridgman, 7:30 p.m.