Young Americans return to NilesPublished 7:50am Monday, November 4, 2013
Niles students will have the opportunity to sing, dance and have a little fun as the Young Americans International Outreach Tour will be at Niles Community Schools Nov. 6-9.
The Young Americans, founded in 1962, consists of approximately 45 16-20 year-old performers who travel the world sharing life skills and artistic talents with youth.
In the past, more than 300 area youth grades 3-12 have participated in the intense three day workshop.
This year, students will be performing in two evening shows on Nov. 8 and 9 in the Niles High school auditorium. Tickets will be sold during workshop hours and at the door Before performances. Cost is $10 for adults and $8 for students.
The workshops will include:
• Young Americans demonstration performances
• Educational classes for auditioning, vocal technique, stage movement, sound and recording techniques, musical theater and dance
• Non-mandatory solo competition
• Non-mandatory comprehensive evaluation
• Two live performances featuring all workshop participants.
The cost for the entire workshop is $49. All students interested in participating in the program should try to commit to all three days of workshops.
Registration will take place outside the Niles High School auditorium at 3:30 p.m. Nov. 6.
Registration forms area available at Niles Community Schools buildings.