Football, boys basketball returning to WNILPublished 9:11pm Wednesday, August 28, 2013
High school football and boys basketball will be returning to the airwaves of WNIL this season thanks to the Regional Radio Sports Network and Federated Media.
The two groups have joined forces to broadcast games in Michigan and Northern Indiana. Games will be broadcast not only on WNIL (1290 AM), but WOAR (97.5 FM), WTRC-AM (1340) and WTRC-FM (95.3).
“As we begin our 22nd season at Regional Radio Sports, we are excited with our expanded partnership with Federated Media,” RRSN President Paul R. Condry said. “Our goal has always been positive promote the student-athlete through sports casting initiatives. Federated Media has put their trust in us to deliver a professional product on their radio affiliates, so we are excited to be able to deliver our award-winning product to sports fans on WTRC-AM, WTRC-FM, WOAR and WNIL.”
The Michigan Game of the Week will air on WNIL, while the Michiana Game of the Week will air on WAOR.
The Michigan schedule will be:
• Aug. 30, Jackson Lumen Christi at Buchanan, 6 p.m. pregame
• Sept. 6, Buchanan at Culver Military Academy, 6:30 p.m. pregame
• Sept. 13, Plainwell at Dowagiac, 6 p.m. pregame
• Sept. 20, Bridgman at Brandywine, 6 p.m. pregame
• Sept. 27, Niles at St. Joseph, 6 p.m. pregame
• Oct. 4, Buchanan at Brandywine, 6 p.m. pregame
• Oct. 11, Bridgman at Buchanan, 6 p.m. pregame
• Oct. 18, Dowagiac at Edwardsburg, 6 p.m. pregame
• Oct. 25, Buchanan at Jackson County Parma, 6:30 pregame
“Partnering with Paul Condry and his team at RRSN allows Federated Media’s sports stations and digital properties to bring strong, rich, credible content to its tens of thousands of high school sports fans,” James Derby, CSO of Federated Media/Interactive said. “From play-by-play broadcasts to expert commentary and insight, the true leader in high school sports coverage in RRSN and Federated Media.”