Niles City Council meeting agenda 7-22-13Published 10:27am Friday, July 19, 2013
Niles City Council
Public hearing: Parkview Apartments – payment in lieu of taxes
Regular Council Meeting
• Consideration of approving a request from the Community Development Director to schedule a public hearing on Aug. 12 at 5:55 p.m. to receive comments from the public on the proposed 2013 CDBG Annual Action Plan.
• Consideration of approving a request from Pax Christi (Peace of Christ) to hold a prayer event for the International Day of Peace on Sept. 21 from 4-8 p.m. at the Riverfront Amphitheater and consideration of waiving the application, rental and deposit fees and the cost of electricity.
• Consideration of approving a request from the First Assembly of God Niles Outreach to hold a Back to School Backpack Outreach program in Plym Park on Saturday, Aug. 17, 2013 until 2 p.m.
• Consideration of approving a request from the Utilities Department to accept the quote of $16,950 from United Systems of Benton, Kent., for the purchase of 226 radio transmitters for use by the Water Division.
• Consideration of approving a request from the Utilities Department to accept the bid of $51,700 from Selge Construction of Niles to complete the M-51 Valve and Box Insertion Project and consideration of authorizing the mayor to sign the construction contract for the project.
City Administrator’s Report:
• Consideration of approving a request from the Utilities Department to place a surcharge of not more than $1 on customers’ electric bills in accordance with Michigan’s new Low Income Energy Assistance program.
City Attorney’s Report:
• Second reading and enactment of a proposed new ordinance to provide for a service charge in lieu of taxes for a proposed multiple family dwelling project for persons of low income to be financed or assisted pursuant to the provision of the State Housing Development Authority Act of 1966, as amended.
Tags: Niles City Council