Ostrander contract extended one yearPublished 9:59pm Thursday, May 23, 2013
The Edwardsburg Board of Education voted unanimously to give Superintendent Sherman Ostrander a one-year extension on his current contract after giving him a glowing evaluation.
Ostrander’s current contract still has four years on it through 2017. The one-year addition extension keeps Ostrander at the helm of the award-winning school district through 2018.
The board also recognized its valedictorians and salutatorian for the Class of 2013.
Edwardsburg has a trio of valedictorians in Andrew Gnott, Jaclyn Schramm and Jessica Thompson. The salutatorian is Hannah Baylor, who was introduced by Edwardsburg Principal Dr. Jeffrey Leslie.
Leslie also introduced the rest of the Top 10 – Benjamin Getz, Nathaniel Shellhamer, Connie Kutschbach, Emily Hunter, Mari Becsei and Haylie Stevenson.
Leslie wrapped up his presentations by announcing that Getz and Gnott were both named to the Wolverine Conference All-Academic Team.
In other items:
• Accepted a bid for $46,650 to remodel a room at the high school, which will become the Middle College Room
• Adopted 2013-14 student handbook revisions
• Approval of overnight athletic/team camp participation for the summer
• Approval of publicly funded health insurance public act 152 resolution
• Approval of food service management contract
• Adoption of LCISD resolution appointing district election representative