Niles City Council agenda 5-13Published 11:06am Monday, May 13, 2013
Niles City Council Agenda
1345 E. Main St., Niles
• Consideration of changing local elections to even-year elections.
• Consideration of scheduling a public hearing for June 10 at 5:55 p.m. to receive input from citizens regarding the annual establishment of millage rates in regards to Truth in Taxation.
• Consideration of approving a request from the Riverfront Optimist Club to conduct the 11th Annual Niles Bluegrass Festival from May 30 through June 2 and consideration of approving a request for $2,900 in support of the festival along with several other requests to facilitate the event.
• Consideration of approving a request from Advanced Chiropractic of Niles to conduct a “Give It All You Got” 5K Run/Walk as a fundraiser for local schools and consideration of using the Riverfront Park Amphitheater on Sept. 7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Riverfront Park.
• Consideration of approving a request from the Ft. St. Joseph Archaeology Committee for a contribution of $2,500 towards the operation of this year’s Archaeology Open House.
• Consideration of approving a request from the Fire Department to pay the amount of $5,350.94 for the emergency repair of Fire Engine 6723.
• Consideration of approving a request from Niles Dial A Ride to accept the quote of $21,642.27 from All Automotive of South Bend, Ind., for the purchase of a vehicle lift station for the DART garage.
• Consideration of approving a request from the Department of Public Works to accept the MiDeal quote of $108,321.50 from Louis Gelder & Sons Company, Inc. for the purchase of snow removal equipment for use at Jerry Tyler Memorial Airport.
City administrator’s report:
• Consideration of adopting a resolution to change the regular odd-year election for local officials to an even-year election for local officials.
• Consideration of adopting a Resolution Authorizing Issuance of Limited Tax General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2013 as a “refinancing” of the current Bond in order to save between $230,000 and $290,000 over a 10 year period for the Wastewater Division.
• Consideration of approving the transfer of a water easement to North Niles Villa Apartments and acceptance of a an exchanged water easement and consideration of entering into a Release and Grant of Easement Agreement with the property owners and consideration of authorizing the mayor and the city clerk to sign the documents.
• Consideration of approving the granting of a Right of Way and Easement to AEP for property on South 15th Street.
Tags: Niles City Council