County proposes road maintenance projects for Niles TownshipPublished 3:20pm Thursday, February 28, 2013
Officials from Niles Charter Township met with the Berrien County Road Commission Thursday to discuss road improvements proposed for Niles Township this year.
A list of roads identified by the county as being most in need of improvements is provided below.
The road commission has proposed doing work on 5.79 miles of road in the township. It also recommended the township perform maintenance of 5.6 miles of road for an estimated $115,360.
Township Supervisor Jim Stover said the list is not final, but township officials need to decide on the final list by April 1.
He said the decision would be made at one of the township’s two meetings in March.
Berrien County Road Commission
2013 Niles Township Sealcoat Proposal
(all work is sealcoat unless noted otherwise)
• Ullery Road, from M-139 to Pritchard (prime and double seal)
• Geiger Road, from Walton to Jenny Lane
• Jenny Lane, from Geiger to Carol Avenue
• Carol Avenue, from Jenny Lane to Joan Drive
• Joan Drive, from Carol to Geiger
• Miller Drive, from 17th to East End
• George Street, from East Main to Miller
• Edwards Street, from East Main to Miller
• Margaret Street, from East Main to Miller
• Herbert Street, from East Main to Miller
• Lawton Street, from Edward to George
• Parkers East subdivision, all roads
• Mayflower, from Niles-Buchanan to township line
• Oak Manor subdivision, all roads north of Miller and south of B.R. 60
• Jeffrey, from Walton to end
• Elizabeth, from Jeffrey to Beth
• Beth, from Elizabeth to Joseph
• Joseph, from Beth to Craig
• Craig, from Joseph to Walton
• Dara, from Janice to Elizabeth
• Jody Rae, from Janice to Elizabeth
• Janica, from Jeffrey to Elizabeth
• River Bluff, from M-139 to M-139