Pokagon Fund awards $472,007Published 1:49pm Tuesday, February 26, 2013
NEW BUFFALO — The Pokagon Fund announced Monday that $472,007 in project funding was awarded in February.
Projects funded during this grant cycle include:
Municipal and Discretionary Grants
• $200,000 to the City of New Buffalo for river dredging, taking the total amount awarded for dredging both the harbor and the river to $350,000.
• $189,000 to the Harbor Country Chamber for renovations to their future offices on Three Oaks Road.
• $23,000 to Southwest Michigan Symphony Orchestra for the annual Independence Day concert.
• $17,778 to Coach Candy Basketball Camp to support enrollment fees for basketball camp attendees from TPF’s service area.
• $10,824 to Michigan Association of Problem Gambling for an advertising campaign to raise awareness for the 800 help line for gambling addiction.
• $8,500 to Chikaming Township to purchase patrol car computers.
• $8,020 to New Buffalo Sports to purchase equipment and uniforms for the 2013 season.
• $6,155 to New Buffalo Arts Council to support a black ash basket making class to be offered to the community.
• $2,430 to Mr./Miss New Buffalo Committee for float expenses and Miss Teen New Buffalo entrance fees.
• $1,500 to New Buffalo Business Association to purchase supplies for Easter baskets for community Easter events.
• $1,300 to the League of Women Voters to purchase presentation equipment.
• $1,000 to Betty’s Buddies to support mileage expenses incurred when taking patients to appointments
Ten percent of The Pokagon Fund’s grant awards support areas where there is a Pokagon Band Land Trust Consolidation Site – areas surrounding Dowagiac and South Bend, Ind.
The following project was funded in these geographic regions:
• $2,500 to St. Mary’s College for the Women’s Entrepreneur Initiative in South Bend, Ind.