Niles library’s November activities announcedPublished 5:02pm Monday, October 29, 2012
The Niles District Library has released a list of its programs for the month of November.
Registration for programs, when necessary, can be done by calling (269) 683-8545 or stopping by the youth services desk.
• Gift in a Jar — Join the library for the second annual Gift in a Jar from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 10. Make a gift for yourself or to give away. Please register.
• Teen Victorian Ball — The event is from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 16 in the community room. Expect games, crafts, food, fun and a little dancing. Victorian attire is encouraged but not required. Registration required.
• Jr. Garden Club — This event is at 1 p.m. Nov. 10. Join the library for a special presentation “Growing Kids Healthy” by Renee Harris from Berrien County-Michigan State University Extension. Initial registration required.
• Evening Storytime — Storytime is at 6:30 p.m. Nov.13. Listen to stories, sing and make a craft. November’s theme is “Brown.”
• Chess Club — This event is at 10 a.m. Nov. 3 and 17. All ages and ability levels welcome.
• Legos at the Library — This event is from 10:30 a.m. to noon Nov. 10. Initial sign up is required.
• Squealers —A baby lap-sit program designed for birth to 18 months is at 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Expect stories, nursery rhymes, songs, baby sign language, age- appropriate toys and bubbles.
• Squigglers —A lap-sit program for 18 months to 3 will be held from 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays. Expect stories, the calendar song, a zoo phonics character, marching band and coloring sheet to take home.
• Storytime —Join for the magic box, three stories, songs, poems, finger plays, a hand stamp and a craft at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays. November’s theme is “Art.”
Tags: Niles District Library