Krasl Art Fair kicks off FridayPublished 6:15pm Monday, July 9, 2012
ST. JOSEPH — The annual Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff will open with a kick-off party on Friday, July 13 from 5-10 p.m.
Entertainment will include live music, a sneak peek at art by this year’s art fair artists and a Krasl Kid Zone, which includes free art activities from 5-8 pm. A wine tasting tent will be set up by Tabor Hills Winery and food will be presented by Timothy’s Restaurant.
Admission to the Art Fair is free of charge. The Krasl Art Center and the Art Fair is barrier free. The Krasl Art Center is located at 707 Lake Blvd., St. Joseph.
Artists from 32 states and Canada will be joining together on July 14 and 15 for the Krasl Art Fair. Art fair hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. More than 900 artists applied for the 145 open spots making this year’s fair more competitive than ever before. Although all artists are different, each shares one main goal: to put on an enjoyable show and sell art.
In 51 years, the Art Fair has grown into over 200 artists attracting nearly 75,000 enthusiasts. It is recognized as one of the top art fairs in the country and rated 24th in the nation in Sunshine Artist Magazine and No. 32 out of 100 in the Art Fair Sourcebook.
Other features of this year’s art fair include:
• Krasl Art Fair Bucks. Use them or give as gifts to receive special VIP rewards, including reserved parking, refreshments, commemorative poster and gift bag. They are $25 each and a minimum purchase of four ($100) is required. Art Fair Bucks may be purchased through the Krasl Art Center.
• Two shuttle busses are available for a $1 donation: One from Renaissance Business Center off M-63 North at Edgewater and the other from Kelly’s Bowl, off Business 94 and Cleveland Avenue. Shuttles will run continuously with drop-off and pick-up at the corner of Broad and State Streets, downtown St. Joe. Art Fair volunteers wearing their gold T-shirts ride free.
• Many artists will be participating in the Children’s Art Purchase Program. The programs features art for $10 and under; look for orange flags at the participating booths.
• Art Fair merchandise is available now in the Krasl Art Center gift shop and will be sold at three locations during the fair.
• The food court will offer a bistro environment set off from the street with umbrella tables and plenty of comfortable chairs. The food court stage features local musicians.
• Smooth Jazz at Sunset Concert, in partnership with 98.3 The Coast, featuring Nelson Rangell, along with opening act The Three Gringos on Saturday, July 14 at the Shadowland Pavilion, Silver Beach, St. Joe.
• Pet Policy: Please leave your pets at home. City ordinance prohibits pets anywhere within the perimeter of the Art Fair for the duration of the weekend.
Tags: Krasl Art Fair