Pro-Am kicks off golf at Harbor ShoresPublished 9:57pm Monday, May 21, 2012
BENTON HARBOR — Action leading up to the 2012 Sr. PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid begins Tuesday with the Pro-Am at The Golf Club at Harbor Shores.
The Pro-Am began at 9 a.m. and is scheduled to conclude around 2 p.m. Following the event, the first of two days of practice rounds will commence at 2:30 p.m. and wrap up at 8 p.m.
The second day of practice rounds will begin at 7 a.m. and run through 8 p.m.
Gates will open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. both days. Public shuttle buses will run from 6:45 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. each day.
Cameras are permitted at Harbor Shores today and Wednesday only during the Pro-Am and the practice rounds. They are not available the remainder of the weekend when the championship officially begins Thursday.
Autographs may be requested and given at the by the contestants at their convenience at the practice range and the putting green during the practice rounds.
Public parking is free and available at the following locations:
• Whitwam and Upton Drives, just southwest of Harbor Shores and just north of 200 Upton Drive, St. Joseph.
• Benton Harbor Charter School located at 455 Riverview Drive
• Multiple lots located near West Market Street between Eigth and Ninth streets
The shuttles will take fans from the parking areas to the main spectator entrance throughout the day.
Mobile devices may be used during the championship, but spectators are asked to set them to silent or vibrate while at the course. Here are a few more things to know about the usage of mobile devices.
• Guests may accept or make phone calls in designated areas throughout the golf course, primarily near concession stands.
• Digital messaging and checking data is allowed on the golf course.
• Mobile device camera use is not permitted during the championship rounds.
• No video recording will be permitted at any time during championship week.
Tickets for the event are still available and can be purchased at the main entrance.
Grounds tickets for Tuesday through Sunday are $50 per person. You may also purchase a week-long ticket for $150.
These tickets provide the spectator access to Harbor Shores.
Children, age 17 and younger, will be admitted free with an accompanying adult ticket. Each ticketed adult will be permitted to get four juniors onto the grounds for free each day.