Cassopolis names top 10 gradsPublished 5:47pm Thursday, May 10, 2012
• Hannah Ayers is the daughter of Thomas and Jessica Ayers of Cassopolis. She is graduating summa cum laude. Hannah has been involved in varsity soccer, varsity track and field, junior-varsity basketball, Drama Club, SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) and is a member of the concert, marching and pep bands and National Honor Society. Hannah also serves as the secretary/treasurer of the Student Senate. Outside of school she enjoys indoor soccer, reading and running. Hannah has taken Kendall College of Art and Design classes for two years, and was chosen to participate in the Lakeland Fine Arts Festival and the juried regional art exhibit at the Kalamazoo Institute of the Arts. She is also Ross Beatty’s nominee to the Lakeland Conference Academic All-League Team. Following graduation Hannah will attend The College of Wooster to study Studio Art or English.
• Graduating magna cum laude is Gavin Francis, the son of Reid and Janet Francis of Cassopolis. Gavin has played football, golf, soccer and baseball for the Rangers, and is a member of the National Honor Society. He is also a member of the Neighborhood Gang 4-H Club. Following graduation Gavin plans to attend Southwestern Michigan College, where he will study business.
• Ashlie Herman is the daughter of John and Giani Herman of Cassopolis. Ashlie is graduating summa cum laude. During high school Ashlie has been a cheerleader and has played softball and volleyball. She is a member of the National Honor Society, Student Senate, SADD and prom committee. She has been the recipient of the Academic Excellence Award for four years. Outside of school, she enjoys hanging with friends and family, and shopping. Following graduation, Ashlie will attend Baker College in Muskegon to study physical therapy.
• Leena Johnson is graduating cum laude. She is the daughter of Henry and Nichole Johnson of Cassopolis. Leena has been a varsity cheerleader and is a member of SADD and National Honor Society. Her hobbies include hanging out with friends, babysitting and board games. In the fall, Leena will be attending Eastern Michigan University to become a nurse.
• Graduating cum laude is Rebeccah Kieffer, daughter of David Kieffer of Cassopolis and Jennifer Harris. Rebeccah is a member of National Honor Society, Thespian Troupe 2323, marching and concert bands, and has played varsity soccer. Outside of school, she enjoys 4-H, swimming and traveling. In the fall, she will be studying dietary management at Ferris State University.
• Graduating magna cum laude is Malika Malik, daughter of Sharon Myrick of Vandalia. Malika has been involved in Student Senate, National Honor Society, yearbook staff, cheerleading and has played softball and soccer. She is also a member of the Afro and Robotics clubs, and will compete in the fall with the FFA Agricultural Issues team at the national level. Malika will be attending the University of Michigan in the fall to study neuroscience.
• Brandyn Polmateer is the son of Daryl Polmateer of Dowagiac, and Kelly Walker. He is graduating cum laude. During high school, Brandyn has played football and golf, and has been a member of the concert and marching bands for four years. He serves as president of the National Honor Society, co-president of the Robotics Club and a member of SADD. He also participated on the FFA team that won the state championship. Brandyn will be attending Grand Valley State University in the fall to study business and finance.
• Samantha Stutzman is the daughter of Wayne and Christina Stutzman of Cassopolis. She is graduating summa cum laude. Samantha is a member of the FFA, the concert and marching bands and the National Honor Society. She has competed in the Solo/Ensemble Festival and Science Olympiad, and has participated in the Lakeland Conference Fine Arts Festival. Samantha has taken classes through Kendall College of Art and Design for two years, and has displayed her work at the Kalamazoo Institute of the Arts. In her spare time, Samantha enjoys sewing, cooking, drawing and reading. She will be attending Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University, where she will study to become an illustrator.
• John Blaise Suseland, the son of Joseph and Renay Suseland of Cassopolis, is graduating magna cum laude. A member of the Rangers golf, soccer and football teams, Blaise also enjoys snowboarding, hunting and fishing. He is a member of the National Honor Society and has been a member of the Spanish Club. Following graduation, Blaise will be attending Ferris State University.
• Lucky Thammavongsa is graduating summa cum laude. He is the son of Bounthavy and Phoungsavath Thammavongsa of Cassopolis. Lucky has been a member of the soccer, wrestling and golf teams, winning conference honorable mention as a wrestler last year. Lucky is also a member of HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America.) He enjoys bowling and has helped to coach the Cassopolis Optimist Soccer League teams. Following graduation Lucky will attend Lake Michigan College to study pre-pharmacology, then transfer to Ferris State University to receive his degree.
Tags: Ross Beatty High School