O’Brien barnstorming SaturdayPublished 4:20am Wednesday, April 18, 2012
District 6 congressional candidate Mike O’Brien will make a stop in Niles during his seven-county campaign tour Saturday.
O’Brien, a Douglas Democrat and political unknown, announced his candidacy last week.
He will face the winner of the Fred Upton-Jack Hoogendyk Republican primary.
O’Brien, an ex-Marine, will make seven campaign stops throughout the district Saturday.
“I am running as the Democratic candidate for Michigan’s Sixth Congressional District because I love my country and believe in service to a larger cause,” O’Brien said. “I am confident that through hard work and dedication … we will be successful in ending a quarter of a century of Congressman Upton’s failed leadership.”
Democrat John Walsh withdrew from the race earlier this year due to health reasons.
O’Brien’s Saturday tour
• 9 to 10 a.m. — Rally in Allegan, Allegan County Democratic Party Headquarters
• 10 to 11:30 a.m. — Rally in Kalamazoo, Democratic Party Headquarters
• 12 to 12:30 p.m. — Greet supporters in Three Rivers
• 1 to 1:30 p.m. — Rally in Cassopolis, Democratic Headquarters, 804 E. State St.
• 1:30 to 3 p.m. — Rally in Niles area
• 3:20 to 3:50 p.m. — Greet supporters in Union Pier
• 4 to 5:30 p.m. — Rally in Benton Harbor
• 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. — Greet supporters in South Haven