LCISD board releases statementPublished 11:26pm Wednesday, April 18, 2012
CASSOPOLIS — The following statement was released Friday by Supt. Robert Colby on behalf of Lewis Cass Intermediate School District:
• It is the position and practice of Lewis Cass Intermediate School District to not discuss or comment on personnel matters in public. However, in response to media coverage of the Kimberly Hester matter the Lewis Cass Intermediate School District Board of Education presents the following statement for clarification and accuracy:
• Kimberly Hester was never asked to provide the password for her Facebook account. She was asked to show the contents of her Facebook page to support her own denial of materials that Facebook friends found there.
• Kimberly Hester was never disciplined for refusing to provide her Facebook password or for refusing to allow access to her Facebook content. She was disciplined for unprofessional conduct and gross insubordination while on the job.
• Kimberly Hester has not been terminated as an employee.
• Kimberly Hester has been away from the work environment for six month of her own accord.
• Kimberly Hester has not brought suit against LCISD that the district is aware of. Proceedings that Ms. Hester is involved in are a function of the collective bargaining agreement.
• There is no legislation pending in response to Kimberly Hester’s circumstances.
Tags: Lewis Cass ISD