LCISD board issues statementPublished 8:53pm Monday, April 16, 2012
CASSOPOLIS — Supt. Robert Colby issued a statement Friday on the Kimberly Hester case on behalf of Lewis Cass Intermediate School District.
While the district maintains its position to not discuss or comment on personnel matters in public, members of the board issued a statement for purposes of “clarification and accuracy:”
The statement includes the following points:
• Hester was never asked to provide the password for her Facebook account.
She was asked to show the contents of her Facebook page to support her denial of materials that Facebook friends found there.
• Hester was never disciplined for refusing to provide her Facebook password or for refusing to allow access to her Facebook content. She was disciplined for unprofessional conduct and gross insubordination while on the job.
• Hester has not been terminated.
• Hester has been away from the work environment for six months of her own accord.
• Hester has not brought suit against LCISD that the district is aware of.
Proceedings Hester is involved in are a function of the collective bargaining agreement.
• There is no legislation pending in response to Hester’s circumstances.
Tags: Lewis Cass ISD