Cass District Library eventsPublished 8:13pm Wednesday, March 28, 2012
• Join the library at 6 p.m. Monday for Family Movie Night at the Cass District Library. In this fun Easter film, the Easter Bunny’s teenage son heads to Hollywood to pursue his dream to become a drummer in a rock ‘n’ roll band. In Los Angeles, he’s taken in by Fred after the out-of-work slacker hits E.B. with his car. The library provides free popcorn. The film is free to attend and open to the public. The Cass District Library is located at 319 M-62 North in Cassopolis.
• A Family Movie Night will also be offered at the Edwardsburg Branch at 6 p.m. Tuesday. In this fun film, the Chipmunks and Chipettes accidentally go overboard while playing around aboard a cruise ship and end up marooned in a tropical paradise. Free popcorn will be provided. The film is free and open to the public. The Edwardsburg Branch of the Cass District Library is located at 26745 Church St. in Edwardsburg.
• Calling all kids! Join the library for Spring Crafts. Enjoy making crafts at this fun-filled afternoon program. A variety of crafts will be provided. No sign-up is required and the program is free. The Spring Craft program will be repeated at three Cass District Library branches. All programs will be held from 2 to 3 p.m. The first program will be Monday at the Howard Branch (2341 Yankee St., Niles). The second program will be Wednesday at the Mason/Union Branch (17049 U.S. Highway 12, Edwardsburg). The final program will be offered Thursday, April 5, at the Main Library (319 M-62 North, Cassopolis).
Spring Story Hours
• Children ages 3-5 are invited to come to Spring Story Hour. Kids will enjoy listening to stories, participating in hands-on activities, and making crafts. All branches offer story hour at 10 a.m. on different days of the week. The Howard Branch offers story hour on Tuesdays. The Mason/Union Branch has story hour Wednesdays, and the Edwardsburg Branch meets Fridays. The Main Library in Cassopolis offers story hour on Thursdays at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sign-up at the branch you would like your child to attend. Story Hours are scheduled through May 4.
• Patty Cake Baby and Me: Infant Stories (ages 0-2) will be offered at the Howard Branch and the Main Library. This special program is designed to introduce reading and music to infants. The short 15- to 20-minute program is followed with playtime. The Howard Branch will offer the Infant Stories program at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The Main Library will offer it at 10 a.m. Wednesday mornings. Infant Stories is scheduled through May 4.
Pizza and Pages Teen Book Club
The Cass District Library has had a great response to the Pizza and Pages Teen Book Club. As a result, another Teen Book Club will be starting at the Edwardsburg Branch this April. All sixth- through 12th-graders are welcome to join Pizza and Pages. Meetings will be held at 6 p.m. on the third Tuesday of the month at the Edwardsburg Branch. The first meeting will be April 17. At the first meeting teens will choose titles to read, enjoy pizza and get to know each other. Call the Edwardsburg Branch at 663-5875 to register. This club is free to join and all materials will be provided by the library.
For more information on programs and events, visit http://cass.lib.mi.us or call the Main Library at 445-3400.
Tags: Cass District Library