Cass fair sets possession datesPublished 9:45pm Monday, February 27, 2012
Procession dates and important deadlines for youth exhibits for the 161st Cass County, Michigan Fair have been announced.
• March 7: Mandatory Draft Horse meeting, 6:30 p.m., Cass District Library
• April 1: Possession date for dogs
• April 21: Dairy Feeder Validation, Cass Fairgrounds, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• April 30: Deadline for Exploration Days applications
• May 1: Possession date for dairy, goats, horse/pony, sheep, swine, and all beef breeding stock
• May 1: Deadline for Beef Breeding Stock registration form
• May 1: Deadline for Exploration Days registration
• May 15: Deadline for Horse ID/pre-registration form
• May 15: Deadline for Dog ID/pre-registration form
• June 1: Possession date for Breed Rabbits
• June 17: Possession date for Cloverbud/Pee Wee Sheep
• June 17: Deadline for all youth Cass County Fair registrations
• June 17: Deadline for all youth pen reservation forms, small and large animals
The Cass County Fair Board Association has changed the age of Pee Wee exhibitors from 5 to 7 years of age as of Jan. 1
Eight year olds are eligible to show and sell livestock in the auction. Exceptions include large market Beef, Draft Horse and Horse & Pony, in which 8 year olds will show as Pee Wee’s.
Additionally, eight year olds will now be able to show as regular exhibitors in the still exhibit project areas.
For more information, please contact the Michigan State University Extension office at 269-445-4438; 120 N. Broadway, Suite 209 in Cassopolis, Michigan or go to www.msu.casscountymi.org and www.msue.msu.edu/cass.