Cass County Fair youth exhibit deadlines announcedPublished 11:07pm Monday, February 27, 2012
Procession dates and important deadlines for youth exhibits for the 161st Cass County Fair in Cassopolis have been announced.
• March 7: Mandatory Draft Horse meeting, 6:30 p.m., Cass District Library
• April 1: Possession date for dogs
• April 21: Dairy Feeder Validation, Cass Fairgrounds, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• April 30: Deadline for Exploration Days applications
• May 1: Possession date for dairy, goats, horse/pony, sheep, swine, and all beef breeding stock
• May 1: Deadline for Beef Breeding Stock registration form
• May 1: Deadline for Exploration Days registration
• May 15: Deadline for Horse ID/pre-registration form
• May 15: Deadline for Dog ID/pre-registration form
• June 1: Possession date for Breed Rabbits
• June 17: Possession date for Cloverbud/Pee Wee Sheep
• June 17: Deadline for all youth Cass County Fair registrations
• June 17: Deadline for all youth pen reservation forms, small and large animals
The Cass County Fair Board Association has changed the age of Pee Wee exhibitors from 5 to 7 years of age as of Jan. 1 Eight-year-olds are eligible to show and sell livestock in the auction. Exceptions include large market Beef, Draft Horse and Horse & Pony, in which 8-year-olds will show as Pee Wees.
Tags: Cass County Fair