Ice sponsors announcedPublished 10:20pm Monday, January 23, 2012
The 16th annual Dowagiac Ice Time Festival, which returns to the central business district Feb. 4, received a $3,000 fine arts grant from The Pokagon Fund.
Event co-chairmen Dr. Timothy Dowsett and Patti Badner, licensed agent with Kemner-Iott Agency of Cass County, made the announcement Monday, as they paid tribute to the corporate underwriters of the upcoming $10,000 winter fine arts festival.
“We are blessed to have a group of steadfast corporate sponsors that return, year after year, to help the Chamber of Commerce underwrite its wintertime event,” Dowsett said. “Their generous contributions make it possible to present community festivals like this for the public to enjoy. The added benefit of the $3,000 grant from The Pokagon Fund will help grow the festival to the next level.”
Other sponsors include:
• Marking its 15th year as today’s longest-running corporate sponsor of Ice Time, Lyons Industries leads the way as a Platinum-level $1,000 corporate sponsor.
• New this year, Kemner-Iott Agency of Cassopolis, which is an eight-time underwriter, teamed up with Hastings Mutual as a Platinum-level underwriter.
• Also new is Swiss Valley Ski Area, the festival’s third platinum-level underwriter, having donated $1,000 in cash and prizes.
• Gold-level corporate underwriters include Dowagiac Area Federal Credit Union and Dowsett Chiropractic Health Center, each donating $600.
• At the Silver level is Yazel and Clark Funeral Chapel, which donated $400 toward the event.
For a schedule of events, visit www.DowagiacChamber.com.