City Council meets tonightPublished 5:39pm Sunday, January 8, 2012
Dowagiac City Council meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 9 at City Hall, 241 S. Front St.
• Public hearing too consider an amendment to the Brownfield Redevelopment Plan.
• Planning Commission – To re-appoint Edward Booth for a term expiring December 2014 and to re-appoint Barb Bobik for a term expiring November 2014.
• Library Board – To re-appoint Judy Lawrence for a term expiring September 2015.
• To amend the Brownfield Redevelopment Plan.
• To approve the Planning Commission’s recommendation for a special use permit with conditions at 300 East Railroad St. for a recycling facility.
• To approve an agreement to share costs with the Michigan Department of Transportation for traffic signal maintenance.
• To authorize and direct the city treasurer to pay the following payroll due for the period ending Dec. 21: $114,277.30; and Jan. 5, $200,567.36.
The council will give second reading of an ordinance to amend Chapter 86, “Vegetation,” Section 86-48, “Arborist Certification” of the Dowagiac City Code.
Tags: Dowagiac City Council